Accomplished dancers and choreographers Paul and Brian Herman’s journey began while growing up in the inner city of the South Bronx. Inspired by their Caribbean background and mentored by acclaimed choreographer Tanisha Scott, they worked hard to prepare themselves for an opportunity of a lifetime.
Renaming themselves Double Up, Paul and Brian’s passion and drive led them from performing on local community stages in the Bronx to worldwide stages in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Europe. They have shared the stage and collaborated with prominent international artists such as: Alicia Keys, Rick Ross, Swizz Beatz, Kat Deluna, Chris Brown, Sean Kingston, Rihanna, Sean Paul, Lil Wayne, and Hot 97’s very own DJ Spynfo, as well as other leading recording artists, producers, and choreographers. Additionally, Double Up were featured artists in Reebok’s “Your Move” global marketing campaign and selected to perform in “A Tribute to Motown” at Carnegie Hall. Throughout all their success as performers, Paul and Brian have maintained their focus to inspire younger generations by providing instruction through their dance company, master classes, workshops, and summer camps.
- Helped choreographed and performed at the American Music Awards with Alicia Keys
- Featured in Reebok’s “Your Move” international commercial/campaign
- Performed at “A Tribute to Motown” at Carnegie Hall
- Guest choreographers at Sugar and Bruno’s Annual Summer Dance Camp
- Performances: Telemundo, MTV TRL, New York’s CW 11, Yankee Stadium, BB Kings, TMF Awards, Staples Center, Seventeen Magazine Tour, Pepsi Blue Carpet Bash and, KTU’s Beatstock
- Worked with prominent recording artist such as: Kat Deluna, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys, Eve, Sean Paul, Sean Kingston, and Rihanna